Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Moving Day



Our little hens moved into the Big House today. They took to their new home immediately and seemed to really enjoy the luxury of space. This brave girl was the first one to climb one of the ladders and made it all the way to the third rung.


This pretty hen decided to pay her respects and stayed for a brief visit before moving off to explore a little further afield.


This is Pearl. She's the only blond in a sea of redheads and brunettes. She's also larger than the others, is one of the more assertive hens, and seems to be developing more quickly. I'm wondering if, perhaps, she's a different breed.

We were all looking forward to this move and I trust their first night in their new home will pass peacefully. 

8 comments:

S. Etole said...

Can't believe how fast they are growing and changing in appearance.

wendywoo said...

Could Pearl be a rooster...???

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Who'll be the one to have the first poop?

JaneK said...

oh how fun!!!!

Lin said...

Hooray! Happy new hen house, girls! (and boys???)

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Welcome to your new home girls! You have the fanciest chicken coop in the world I am sure!

bobbybegood1 said...

they are just doing splendidly. they are so pretty. i think i have fallen in love with chickens. the author, alice walker, has chickens too. if i had the space, i would certainly entertain the thought of having some. cheers!!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Susan: I know! They're starting to become little individuals now.

Wendy: I sure hope not!

Debra: That's been happening with regularity.

Jane: I'm in my bliss.

Lin: All girls. At least that's what I bought...

Deb: *grin*

Bobby: I'm completely smitten with these young ladies, I have to admit.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin