Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Homemade Lemon Iced Tea



Now that the weather has turned warmer, The Frenchman and I have been enjoying refreshing glasses of my homemade Lemon Iced Tea on a daily basis. I usually mix up a batch in the evening so it's cold and ready to drink the next day. 

It's so simple to make, tastes better than anything you can buy in a store, and is healthy.  Enjoy!

Homemade Lemon Iced Tea

Ingredients

8 - 9 cups boiling water
3 black tea bags
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup honey

Combine all of the above ingredients and let sit until the tea has reached the desired strength. I've let mine steep for as long as 3 hours. Remove the tea bags and put in the refrigerator to cool. Serve with ice and a sprig of mint.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe for ice tea. Ir looks so refreshing.

Carla from The River said...

Honey...Yummy, what a good idea.
Thank you for sharing.

Sharon said...

Iced tea season has finally arrived here. I made my first batch last weekend. Ahhhhh....

Carolynn Anctil said...

Sheila: It is So good. We drink an entire batch in one day.

Carla: Honey is a much healthier and tastier alternative to sugar, I think.

Sharon: I've lost count of the number of batches I've made. We're keeping the lemon growers in business, I think. :o)

altadenahiker said...

Pretty picture.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Thank you, Karin. :o)

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

That sounds so refreshing Carolynn, thank you for sharing your recipe and your lovely photograph! Deb

lori vliegen said...

this looks so refreshingly delicious! i love the idea of adding of the honey….thanks for sharing your recipe! xox

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin