Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 20



Hi!

I'm 20 days old today and my Momma tells me I'm growing like a weed. As you can see, I'm starting to get more feathers on my chest and my tail is coming along quite nicely, too.

I'm very curious and I love to fly onto the edge of the brooder box when my Momma has the lid off to clean up after my messy sisters.

I'm mostly sleeping through the night now and I really look forward to my yogurt and cornmeal treat in the mornings. A fresh clump of dirt to scratch and dig through is another activity my sisters and I enjoy, especially when we find a yummy worm.  Woodbugs and crickets freaked me out a bit at first, until I tasted one.

Well, I've gotta fly. My Momma just freshened our water and I've got to be fast if I want a drink before someone poops in it.


6 comments:

altadenahiker said...

A serious case of pillow hair.

TheChieftess said...

LOL!!! Thank you for a delightful giggle!!!

Jen Vandervoort said...

They are kind of at that awkward teenaged state aren't they? Even at that stage, they are cute.

Jen

the7msn said...

Either that's the most luxuriously decorated brooder box or you're photographing your chicks on your bed. In either case, you clearly love them.

Catherine said...

Wow - aren't the little peeps growing fast! They will need to be in that coop soon. Cute!
xo Catherine

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

That is the cutest darn picture, what a curious and gangly little chick she is!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin