Thursday, January 09, 2014

Kitty Cuddles


Kitty Cuddles
Original Acrylic Painting
by Carolynn Anctil 2014


Early last month, I heard about a call for donations of original artwork for a good cause and knew that I wanted to take part.  

The Richmond Animal League in Richmond Virginia will be hosting a Small Art with Big Heart Auction on February 22nd, 2014.  Each canvas measures 5" x 5" and is an original work of art. 

As participating artists, we were asked to create something that reflected the work of R.A.L. and their mission of saving lives: providing hope, help, and homes for animals in need. 

The hardest part for me was coming up with an idea that I could translate onto a small canvas.  I've never considered myself a fine artist or a painter, so after much consideration, meditation, and fretting, I decided to do something fun and slightly cartoonish.    This is my first ever attempt at this style of artwork and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the result.

I'm told that there has been a very good response to their call for art and if you want to bid on one of these small canvasses, in support of animals in need, you can visit the R.A.L. website for more information.

I enjoyed this project so much, I'm thinking of creating a few similar works of art and offering them for sale.  I'll keep you posted.

...now, back to shoveling snow and working on my blog header...  

17 comments:

Grace said...

Goodness - you are super talented! Love it. Do more, do more!

janis said...

I love it! And I love that you are participating. Bravo to you & I hope much money is raised♥

Cheri said...

I love that work of art! It is exactly how people are with kitty's, I know I am. My daughter had a kitten that would let everyone hold her but me. When I did get ahold of her I'd be like the girl in your picture.
Cheri

the7msn said...

Love it! Especially the heart-shaped glasses.

altadenahiker said...

It's darling! And good luck with that driveway...

Carolynn Anctil said...

Thank you, Everyone! The director of the R.A.L. told me she was going to post it on their Facebook page as a teaser for the auction. :o)

JaneK said...

SERIOUSLY???? How in the world can one person be so incredibly talented?! After the auction, do another and put on your etsy site. One little girl may love to have this in her room....

Sharon said...

Creative and detailed and appealing ~ your art! This is you following your passion, Carolynn, and you can already see the response. Yes, gently onward ~

C-ingspots said...

What a great idea. I like your painting...very fun!

Nancy said...

You are a gal of many talents...I love this picture and I bet it's the first one to sell....Love those glasses.....

June said...

Oh, its PERFECT! I'm so glad you're contributing to the effort. The RAL works so so so hard to get their animals adopted...
Here's a link (to copy and paste into a browser) about their successful efforts to get their shelter empty before Christmas in 2011. It's a tearjerker...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjO5DVQ52ls

Carolynn Anctil said...

Thank you for all your generous support. Really, it was so much fun for me to do and I'm glad it was in support of such a good cause.

Jane: I do plan on doing a few more. You could always bid on this one at R.A.L. I think they'll have internet access to the auction, too.

Sharon: Lately, it's felt very much like that. Thank you.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Thank you for all your generous support. Really, it was so much fun for me to do and I'm glad it was in support of such a good cause.

Jane: I do plan on doing a few more. You could always bid on this one at R.A.L. I think they'll have internet access to the auction, too.

Sharon: Lately, it's felt very much like that. Thank you.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Girl you rock, multi talented and an amazing writer...sigh.

A force, simply a force.

Jen

Nancy Claeys said...

I love it Carolynn -- you are amazing!

Catherine said...

Cool! Good job! Well aren't you just full of many talents my friend.
xo Catherine

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You most definitely should be VERY pleased with the result! It's darling!!! I'd never know that it was your first attempt at this style of art. You may need to explore this style further. I think you've got a natural gift.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin