Friday, December 06, 2013

Quirky Tip #7 - Best Christmas Gift Ever!


If you're anything like me, you're frantically searching for creative, yet affordable, Christmas gift ideas right about now.   I'm going to share one with you that's inexpensive, yet valuable, and is suitable for everyone on your Christmas list. In fact, my Mom swears this is the best gift I've ever given her.

All you need is a pretty container, like a glass jar, and several slips of paper.  I used two colours to jazz mine up a bit.

Write a brief sentence, or two, on each slip of paper that details your Favourite Memories spent with the person the gift is intended for.  Fold them and place them in the jar.  

You can dress the jar up with ribbon and label it "Favourite Memories", if you like, or keep it simple.

That's all there is to it.

Here's an example of what I included in the jar I made for my Dad before he passed away: 

"Staying up late to watch western movies, 
just the two of us."

It's a fun, personal, and economical way to melt someone's heart that you care about, this year.  And, a great way to take a stroll down memory lane.


*******

*For a variation on this theme, you could fill the jar with personal gift certificates that you agree to fulfill upon redemption.  Things like foot massages, household chores, or - if you really want to spice things up - sexual favours.  

The only thing that limits your imagination is the size of the jar you choose.

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A charming idea!

C-ingspots said...

Might be kinda fun!

Lin said...

My teenage daughter went on a weekend retreat and they all wrote down something nice about each person there...and then they put them in the bag bearing the name. So, each person got a "bag of good feelings" to tap when they were feeling low.

My daughter saved hers. I think we could all use a bag of good feelings, don't you?

Catherine said...

That is a sweet idea!
I hope you and all your furry friends are keeping warm today. That's nasty out there!
xo Catherine

altadenahiker said...

I'll bet that meant the world to your father.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Karin: When I hit on this idea I'd been sitting with a lot of unpleasant stuff involving my childhood. It was as much an exercise to help me focus on the more positive memories - of which there were many, too. I think it meant a lot to both my parents because it had not always been smooth sailing.

S. Etole said...

This is such a great idea.

Sharon said...

This is the most personal gift I can imagine ~

Caroline said...

I love this idea. I tried doing that a few years ago… writing favorite memories throughout the year and reading them on NYE. It was really fun. I should do that again!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin