Monday, December 02, 2013

Just for Fun


THE storm has arrived.  It must be Monday.

The people who know these things are warning that we will receive 25 cm. (9.8 in.) of snow by Wednesday and that all that white stuff will be whipping around in 60 km. winds (37 mph).  By Thursday, they say the temperature will drop to -23 degrees below freezing, with a windchill factor making it feel more like -33. Yikes! 

I am profoundly grateful that I can cocoon inside and wait it out.  My husband, on the other hand, has to go to work.  I worry about him being out there in this kind of weather, but he seems to enjoy it.  (He's French.  'nuff said.  *grin*)  The Frenchman delivers propane and, out here on the prairies, that's how a lot of people heat their homes.  So, when they run out of fuel, it's kind of important that they get more and that's where my husband comes in. He's kind of like the cavalry.

In weather like this, I drink a lot of green tea and bake goodies for my husband to take with him in his lunches.  You've gotta do your best to stay warm and find ways to laugh, 'cause if you don't you might cry.      
Join me for a laugh, won't you?  Linda and the latest member of her herd, Johnny Cash Cat, will have you grinning today and Debra's collection of goofy cats will be sure to get your giggle on.  

Enjoy!  Happy December, everyone.

10 comments:

altadenahiker said...

The French Cavalry -- love it. I have one more cat link to help warm you up: http://fstoppers.com/ikea-releases-100-cats-into-a-store-and-the-result-is-beautiful

augcott said...

Happy December to you!
Brrrrrrr .... I shiver just thinking about the weather you are having. We have been lucky...so far....it hasn't snowed yet! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a mild winter.
Three cheers for the Frenchman!!!
Have a cozy week!
diane @ aug's blog

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Glad to see you're a sister Canuckian -- Saskatchewan rocks!

Grace said...

You always remind me of those years I spent freezing my butt off and dealing with frost warnings in August and 10 feet of snow in February...I don't miss them! But then you always delight with your gorgeous photos...

C-ingspots said...

Oh my, now that is seriously cold!! You must have deeply buried pipes to sustain such low temps...right? I love the cold, when it's dry. And guess what? We're expected to start getting cold tonight and for the next week or more, stay dry, cold and sunny!! Whoohoo - I am loving it!! :) I'm glad you can stay inside and bake and weather your storm too. I can also relate to the Frenchman's can-do attitude...it's kind of exciting in a way. Have fun and be warm.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Karin: Cats just make everything better. (don't tell Albert I said that)

Honestly, Diane, anything will be an improvement over last year's snowfall(!) We have a snowblower now, so we're feeling kinda cocky.

Debra: My pleasure. Thanks for the laugh today!

C-ingspots said...

*grin* Cats do have a way of making us smile don't they?

Wow, that is seriously cold! Hope you stay warm...

Sharon said...

Inside = the best place to be during a snowstorm. Enjoy your cozy abode. Ken, too, takes off out of here in all kinds of weather ~ so we keep a good thought that they come home safe and sound.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Ah....and here I am worrying about our 9 degree drop today. My heart is going out to you and your swirling landscape, keep warm, and happy.

Jen

Caroline said...

OMG…stay warm and inside! Yikes! And I loved the cat selfless…oh yeah! I want to do that to my cat…is that mean??? :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin