Monday, November 18, 2013

Life Goes On


I want to thank everyone who left notes of love and support here for all of us these past few days.  I really can't express how deeply felt your words have been.  We miss our wild imp of a kitten like crazy, yet we're accepting that there are simply no explanations for why some things happen. She will forever live in our hearts.

Luna, our adult cat, is the only one who seems truly and unabashedly grateful that the kitten is no longer here to torment her by chasing her incessantly or leaping out at her from around corners.  She has been especially affectionate and playful now that she has resumed her role as Sole Feline of the Manor House.  I don't blame her.

Winter has officially arrived with our first major snowfall of the season. The air smells brand new and fresh and the nights seem lit with a subtle glow now that everything is covered with a pristine blanket of white. The scene outside seems to mirror the tenderness of our hearts, right now.  Amid all the loss, a tenacious ember glows with gratitude and respect for the fleeting nature of all things.  

The road curves, the story changes.  Life goes on.  


13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Do know what you are feeling. We lost our second cat very suddenly, it was such a shock. Our first cat reacted the same way, when we lost our kitten. My heart goes out to you.

C-ingspots said...

It seems harsh somehow, but you're right, we must go on. And like you, I've lost so many sweet animals in my lifetime and I miss every one of them...but I am forever blessed that they were a part of my life and I got to love them, if only for a short time. Big hugs Carolynn. With your beautiful description, I can just picture the peaceful beauty of your snow.

augcott said...

So very sorry .....

Sharon said...

"The road curves, the story changes." I love that! Life goes on, and we are changed...

Thinking of you ~

Grace said...

Beautiful photo and beautifully written. Really like the last line...

simply bev said...

I hope you find comfort and peace in the blanket of snow. So sad to loose a beloved pet.

Lin said...

Aw, gees, that is so sad. I'm sorry that you lost her.

I see Crafting Queen has been there...so have we. You are never prepared to lose a kitty...and yet, one so little...makes it harder. We lost one at one year--I still miss her.

Do you think the older cat could just FAKE it that she's sad? Criminy.

Hugs, my friend.

JaneK said...

Beautifully put, friend.....

Kathy at Bliss Habits said...

Oh I am so sad for you. Sudden loss of such a sweet one is so difficult. I had a kitten pass away YEARS ago and the feelings still come back when I am reminded.

Caroline said...

It still hurts...and I am sorry she is gone. I wish I could give you a hug! :(.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Her paw prints will be on your heart forever Carolynn. Big {{hugs}} to you all, Deb

S. Etole said...

How those little ones capture our heart. That is such an adorable photo of her.

Catherine said...

Little Teddy was such a gift although one that was taken away too soon. It's hard to understand these things. But yes, life does go on and we add our furry friends to our heart and our memories.
Hugs,
xo Catherine

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin