Thursday, January 31, 2013

Caution: Wet Paint


After much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair, paint colours have been chosen, design challenges have been overcome, and the transformation of the two upstairs rooms has begun. Due to logistical issues, I've decided to bring one room to completion before beginning the second, although I've a clear vision for both in my head.

There's quite a bit of work to be done before my studio is done to my satisfaction, and I've a few learning curves to ride out, so the public unveiling won't be scheduled for a while yet. 

It's an intimate process, this getting to know my new home, discovering her little idiosyncrasies and imperfections.  I'm excited about her make-over and I sense she is too. 

9 comments:

ZeldaMom said...

I'm assuming this is the color you have chosen?? If so, it's beautiful. I love all of the variations of blues out right now, they are so soothing.
Can't wait to see the finished results.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I love how you wrote this, getting to know you little home...

After living in our condo for 17 years I knew every crook, cranny, and crack. I knew how to angle in to paint behind doors, and what lay underneath that fresh coat of paint.

Discovering your own home is exciting, like starting a new friendship.

So the studio is first, good choice.

I will be patiently waiting to see what you choose, I know that it will be lovely.

Jen

Carolynn Anctil said...

ZeldaMom: The paint on this brush is part of the story. It's called Flora by Benjamin Moore and is a blue-gray-green. It looks lighter when it's wet, of course.

Jen: Well, as you know, the lavender on the walls of the studio had to go! And, I've really felt a need to create a space of my own where big things can happen, so the studio was the logical first step.

Catherine said...

I am liking that color!! Have fun my friend!
xo Catherine

altadenahiker said...

I'm sure you'll have a most sophisticated palette. (We're all onboard with that color! And I've written down the name.)

Christina said...

I look forward to seeing pics of your work.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Catherine & Karin: The colour looks a lot different when it's dry.

Christine: Me, too! *grin*

Sharon said...

My daughter loves Benjamin Moore paint colors. I've been known to choose a color because of its name ~ Flora is a good one. I'm excited for you.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Sharon: There's a cream colour I've been looking at called Fuzzy Mitten. I'm not sure if I really like the colour or just the name. *smile*

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin